Cory Branan With Thrift Store Cowboys Plus MP3
The first time I saw Cory Branan he was sitting in Melange, a local bar that has since changed names, he was alone at a table writing in his notebook. Someone whispered to me who he was and why I should care. This was a few years ago and he had recently been a guest on David Letterman and was quite the hot commodity. "The next big thing."
Anyway, I ended up going to check out a show he did with Blair Combest, and he put on quite an impressive show as he sat on a stool on the stage with a borrowed guitar, drinking whiskey, smoking cigarettes and playing a few songs. I immediately saw what everyone was talking about, the boy had star power.
We became friends and I have written about him many times over the past few years, last year he moved form Memphis to Nashville and I haven't seen him around as much. He has continued to tour relentlessly, winning over fans the old-fashioned way, and once again I have begun to hear rumblings of him being the next big thing. With this new tour maybe things will finally happen for him, seeing him play with a full band does make him sound even better. But he's still the same old Cory, I guess he's just back in vogue. I don't understand why he's not the biggest thing on earth, he can sure put on a show.
More Pics
P.S. Knuckles from Giant Bear is in love with me.
Cory Branan - Tall Green Grass - MP3
-
Cory Branan - Hell-bent and Heart-first - MP3
TOUR DATES
Nov 7 2006 8:30P
Cinema 218 (All Ages) Texarkana
Nov 8 2006 8:00P
Antone's (All Ages) Austin
Nov 9 2006 8:00P
All Good Cafe (18+) Dallas
Nov 10 2006 9:30P
Jake's Backroom (18+) Lubbock
Nov 11 2006 9:00P
El Dorado Hotel (All Ages) Santa Fe
Nov 12 2006 9:00P
Taos Inn (All Ages) Taos
Nov 14 2006 8:30P
Last Exit (21+) Tempe
Nov 15 2006 9:30P
Vaudeville Cabaret (21+) Tucson
Nov 16 2006 7:30P
Pappy and Harriets (All Ages) Joshua Tree / Pioneertown
Nov 17 2006 8:00P
The Mint : Sin City Presents Los Angeles
Nov 18 2006 9:00P
The Grind (All Ages) Cedar City
Nov 19 2006 9:00P
Hi-Dive (18+) Denver
Nov 20 2006 8:00P
ALL NOVEMBER SHOWS W/ THRIFT STORE COWBOYS Everywhere
Labels: cory branan, Thrift Store Cowboys