Liveblogging Lollapalooza!!
Well, we made it to Chicago late last night after eating our way up Highway 57. That's what happens when you leave town without synchronizing your meals.


Someone (i.e. not me, the driver) got the munchies on the trip and ended up spending 17 dollars at Arby's. I could feed a family of four for 17 dollars at Arby's. We also managed to hit a Starbuck's, a donut shop, and a Steak & Shake.
Anyway, I love Chicago - but damn if it doesn't take twice as long to get everywhere as I expect it to. We headed toward grant Park this morning at 10:30 AM and made it inside the park just in time to book it over to the Citi Stage to check out Illinois. They seemed to be having technical difficulties of their own, but by the time they made it to their third song, the terrific "Alone Again" from their EP What the Hell Do I Know?, they seemed to hit their stride....



Later I sat down with lead singer Chris Archibald to chat about festivals versus showcases and how he ended up googlefucking himself - um, can I say googlefuck on the Lollapalooza site? I guess we'll find out!
Check out my radio show The Bloggeratti on Breakthruradio.com on Thursday to hear my interview.
If you missed Illinois today, be sure to check them out at Shuba's Saturday night when they play one of the official Lollapalooza after partes!!
Next up?
Polyphonic Spree!!
Someone (i.e. not me, the driver) got the munchies on the trip and ended up spending 17 dollars at Arby's. I could feed a family of four for 17 dollars at Arby's. We also managed to hit a Starbuck's, a donut shop, and a Steak & Shake.
Anyway, I love Chicago - but damn if it doesn't take twice as long to get everywhere as I expect it to. We headed toward grant Park this morning at 10:30 AM and made it inside the park just in time to book it over to the Citi Stage to check out Illinois. They seemed to be having technical difficulties of their own, but by the time they made it to their third song, the terrific "Alone Again" from their EP What the Hell Do I Know?, they seemed to hit their stride....
Later I sat down with lead singer Chris Archibald to chat about festivals versus showcases and how he ended up googlefucking himself - um, can I say googlefuck on the Lollapalooza site? I guess we'll find out!
Check out my radio show The Bloggeratti on Breakthruradio.com on Thursday to hear my interview.
If you missed Illinois today, be sure to check them out at Shuba's Saturday night when they play one of the official Lollapalooza after partes!!
Next up?
Polyphonic Spree!!
Labels: Liveblogging, Lollapalooza 2007