BROOKLYN DAY - PARTY FOR YOUR HEALTH
I emceed a health center benefit last week in Memphis, so I figured i would pass this info on to you if you live in the NYC area....
Shebang Productions and We Be Illin' Present:
BROOKLYN DAY - PARTY FOR YOUR HEALTH
The Teeth
The Boggs
Peelander-Z
The DeathSet
Nick Catchdubs
Cool Hands Luke
Sammy Bananas
IDEA: A National health plan
ACTION: Brooklyn Day - Saturday, August 11th, 3PM-4AM
STRATEGY: Four bands, three DJs, a break to dance, snow cones to spike, postcards to write your reps.
POINT: One sick group to lend your money: We Be Illin', existing to ensure health care for all. PNHP (Physicians for a National Health Program)
Doors are at 3PM and we expect you to enjoy free cocktails by Sonnema VodkaHERB, free cans of cold ones brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon. Cart food, coffee and paninis by Brooklyn's Brown and graffiti by SUE will be consumed.
SPACE by The Hook located in the heart of Red Hook, Brooklyn - 18 Commerce Street 11231 -
DIRECTIONS: F train to Carroll Street: free two minute shuttle provided to club.
LINK FOR TICKETS
HERE'S WHAT SOME OF THE BANDS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HEALTH CARE:
"During this tour our drummer Jonas got a toothache and had to get it pulled in San Fran (true story). It costed him 1400 dollars. But what could he do? He was miserable and getting weird on pain killers (he got from strangers at clubs) trying to hold off the procedure. He was always kind of drunk on whiskey too, bumpin' around in stairwells and stuff. It's because he doesn't have health care. None of The Teeth have health care so as far as we know we're perfectly healthy. We can't afford checkups so we'll never know really. I could be rotting on the inside for all I know."
-Aaron MoDavis - The Teeth
"What is most important in our life/It's health!!/If we don't have health/We can't eat, walk, dance, sleep and Dream/We have to think about health more/It's not difficult/Let's start with the first step/Just smile with us/What a health!/Super health!"
-Peelander-Z From their song "Super Health"
"Once, I woke up in an ambulance and the guy said it's alright. I woke up again in the hospital and they said don't worry about it. Apparently, I fell down and hit my head. It wasn't a big deal but they made it one. I had a bump on the noggin and a little blood on my head. They dumped me out on the street at 5AM with a paper that said I was intoxicated and they gave me a MRI and a tetanus shot. Apparently I owe them $4500 for their services. But fuck that! I didn't ask for shit!"
-Brian Asbury of The Teeth
"America sucks dude. Sorry but when it comes to that issue, step it up. Health care for the rich, that's pretty much my impression of what's happening. I don't have health care. I smashed my front tooth out when I was riding a bicycle last year. That was kind of bad and I just kind of had to suck it up. I basically ran into this gutter and my friends found me in a Jesus Christ pose lying face down on the concrete with blood spilling out of my head. I didn't have any cuts on me except for my face so I ran right on to my face. It was about a week before I left on tour."
-Johnny Sierra of The DeathSet
Shebang Productions and We Be Illin' Present:
BROOKLYN DAY - PARTY FOR YOUR HEALTH
The Teeth
The Boggs
Peelander-Z
The DeathSet
Nick Catchdubs
Cool Hands Luke
Sammy Bananas
IDEA: A National health plan
ACTION: Brooklyn Day - Saturday, August 11th, 3PM-4AM
STRATEGY: Four bands, three DJs, a break to dance, snow cones to spike, postcards to write your reps.
POINT: One sick group to lend your money: We Be Illin', existing to ensure health care for all. PNHP (Physicians for a National Health Program)
Doors are at 3PM and we expect you to enjoy free cocktails by Sonnema VodkaHERB, free cans of cold ones brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon. Cart food, coffee and paninis by Brooklyn's Brown and graffiti by SUE will be consumed.
SPACE by The Hook located in the heart of Red Hook, Brooklyn - 18 Commerce Street 11231 -
DIRECTIONS: F train to Carroll Street: free two minute shuttle provided to club.
LINK FOR TICKETS
HERE'S WHAT SOME OF THE BANDS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HEALTH CARE:
"During this tour our drummer Jonas got a toothache and had to get it pulled in San Fran (true story). It costed him 1400 dollars. But what could he do? He was miserable and getting weird on pain killers (he got from strangers at clubs) trying to hold off the procedure. He was always kind of drunk on whiskey too, bumpin' around in stairwells and stuff. It's because he doesn't have health care. None of The Teeth have health care so as far as we know we're perfectly healthy. We can't afford checkups so we'll never know really. I could be rotting on the inside for all I know."
-Aaron MoDavis - The Teeth
"What is most important in our life/It's health!!/If we don't have health/We can't eat, walk, dance, sleep and Dream/We have to think about health more/It's not difficult/Let's start with the first step/Just smile with us/What a health!/Super health!"
-Peelander-Z From their song "Super Health"
"Once, I woke up in an ambulance and the guy said it's alright. I woke up again in the hospital and they said don't worry about it. Apparently, I fell down and hit my head. It wasn't a big deal but they made it one. I had a bump on the noggin and a little blood on my head. They dumped me out on the street at 5AM with a paper that said I was intoxicated and they gave me a MRI and a tetanus shot. Apparently I owe them $4500 for their services. But fuck that! I didn't ask for shit!"
-Brian Asbury of The Teeth
"America sucks dude. Sorry but when it comes to that issue, step it up. Health care for the rich, that's pretty much my impression of what's happening. I don't have health care. I smashed my front tooth out when I was riding a bicycle last year. That was kind of bad and I just kind of had to suck it up. I basically ran into this gutter and my friends found me in a Jesus Christ pose lying face down on the concrete with blood spilling out of my head. I didn't have any cuts on me except for my face so I ran right on to my face. It was about a week before I left on tour."
-Johnny Sierra of The DeathSet
Labels: Brooklyn Day