DIXIE DIRT TACKLES THE NORTHEAST TO PERFORM WITH DRESDEN DOLL'S AMANDA PALMER
Coming off a frenzied performance at this year's Bonaroo, Knoxville-based Dixie Dirt will be supporting Dresden Dolls' Amanda Palmer for her July solo performances in Boston, New York and Hoboken. Although Dixie Dirt have been compared to many archetypes of indie-rock, they continue to surprise audiences with their genre-defying aural goodness… although The Black Keys, Rilo Kiley, and The Posies have all tried to share the stage with Dixie Dirt with varied results.
"What I did not expect was over an hour's worth of often stunningly brilliant material that ranges in terms of particular style (the band has certainly succeeded in creating an uncategorizable sound), but never in terms of somber atmosphere or powerfully moving emotion. It reminds me a few different artists, but I'm not naming names, because there's a really curious blend of influences here, many of which come from circles that I myself never really travel in, but the end result here is something I appreciate 100%, and it really hits me pretty hard, so I'm quite enthusiastically into this disc." - AversionOnline
Dixie Dirt is returning to the stage to support Amanda Palmer for the following dates:
Thursday, July 26
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
472 Massachusetts Ave.
Middle East Upstairs
Cambridge, MA 02139
Friday, July 27
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
Maxwell’s
1039 Washington St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Saturday, July 28
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
Mercury Lounge
217 E. Houston St. Front
New York, NY 10002
"What I did not expect was over an hour's worth of often stunningly brilliant material that ranges in terms of particular style (the band has certainly succeeded in creating an uncategorizable sound), but never in terms of somber atmosphere or powerfully moving emotion. It reminds me a few different artists, but I'm not naming names, because there's a really curious blend of influences here, many of which come from circles that I myself never really travel in, but the end result here is something I appreciate 100%, and it really hits me pretty hard, so I'm quite enthusiastically into this disc." - AversionOnline
Dixie Dirt is returning to the stage to support Amanda Palmer for the following dates:
Thursday, July 26
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
472 Massachusetts Ave.
Middle East Upstairs
Cambridge, MA 02139
Friday, July 27
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
Maxwell’s
1039 Washington St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Saturday, July 28
w/ Amanda Palmer and Aberdeen City
8 p.m. $12
Mercury Lounge
217 E. Houston St. Front
New York, NY 10002
Labels: Dixie Dirt, Tour Dates