"New to You" Photos of Giant Bear and Jump Back Jake, Plus MP3's
Last night I found a bunch of photos from several shows that I totally forgot I had. Since SXSW is now just a week away I figure now is as good a time as any to share them with you!!
The first set is from Giant Bear's show last November at The Young Avnue Deli. The roots rock quintet will release their sophomore album tentatively titled Wyoming on April 1st on their brand new label Giant Bear Music. I gave them a hard time about naming the label after the band, to which guitarist Mike Larrivee replied something like, "Giant Bear isn't a band - it's a spirit." Um, yeah...
Mike always amuses me for his infatuation with all things bear, from homemade t-shirts to belt buckles to buttons - he is covered! Mike sat in with me on my Breakthru Radio show 10 Degrees of Memphis - It airs next Monday March 12th - so check it out!



Check out some tunes:
Nashville - MP3
Devil on the Wall - MP3
See The Rest...
Giant Bear @ Young Avenue Deli 11/19/06
Another Memphis band that I am really excited about right now is Jump Back Jake. After being invited to see them several times last fall, I finally made it down to the Buccaneer for their December residency and was blown away. I actually made Mike come down the second week because I knew he would dig them too. Lead singer Jake Rabinbach is actually from Brooklyn, but he has the Memphis sound down! After moving down here to work on a documentary about Memphis music, Jake teamed up with Dirk Kitterlin and Jake Vest from Augustine (I think they are about to change their name btw), on bass and guitar respectively, and Greg Fasion from Antique Curtains on drums. They recently added Nashaun Benford & Paul Morelli as the Upstart Horns section, and they've been blowing away audiences left and right! They just released their first EP last week called Already Sold. They're playing the SXSW showcase on the 18th - don't miss them!




Check out the tunes:
Sampson - MP3
Flood - MP3
See the rest of the Photos...
Jump Back Jake @ The Buccaneer 12/14/06

http://www.scenestars.net/2006/09/giant-bear-interview-plus-4-free.php
http://scenestars.net/2006/12/best-of-2006-jump-back-jake.php
The first set is from Giant Bear's show last November at The Young Avnue Deli. The roots rock quintet will release their sophomore album tentatively titled Wyoming on April 1st on their brand new label Giant Bear Music. I gave them a hard time about naming the label after the band, to which guitarist Mike Larrivee replied something like, "Giant Bear isn't a band - it's a spirit." Um, yeah...
Mike always amuses me for his infatuation with all things bear, from homemade t-shirts to belt buckles to buttons - he is covered! Mike sat in with me on my Breakthru Radio show 10 Degrees of Memphis - It airs next Monday March 12th - so check it out!
Check out some tunes:
Nashville - MP3
Devil on the Wall - MP3
See The Rest...
Giant Bear @ Young Avenue Deli 11/19/06
Another Memphis band that I am really excited about right now is Jump Back Jake. After being invited to see them several times last fall, I finally made it down to the Buccaneer for their December residency and was blown away. I actually made Mike come down the second week because I knew he would dig them too. Lead singer Jake Rabinbach is actually from Brooklyn, but he has the Memphis sound down! After moving down here to work on a documentary about Memphis music, Jake teamed up with Dirk Kitterlin and Jake Vest from Augustine (I think they are about to change their name btw), on bass and guitar respectively, and Greg Fasion from Antique Curtains on drums. They recently added Nashaun Benford & Paul Morelli as the Upstart Horns section, and they've been blowing away audiences left and right! They just released their first EP last week called Already Sold. They're playing the SXSW showcase on the 18th - don't miss them!
Check out the tunes:
Sampson - MP3
Flood - MP3
See the rest of the Photos...
Jump Back Jake @ The Buccaneer 12/14/06
http://www.scenestars.net/2006/09/giant-bear-interview-plus-4-free.php
http://scenestars.net/2006/12/best-of-2006-jump-back-jake.php
Labels: giant bear, jump back jake