Best of 2006 - Steve Selvidge
Steve Selvidge is known not only for his shirtless shredding with the Secret Service, but Live From Memphis calls him a "cornerstone of the Memphis music scene (Big Ass Truck, Bloodthirsty Lovers with Dave Shouse from The Grifters)" and he is the son of the legendary Sid Selvidge. Personally, I just like his hair. He's shared the stage with Modest Mouse, The Flaming Lips & Guided By Voices, but he's not the type to tell anyone those sort of things. I won't bore you with his pedigree, I'll just assure you that he is the real deal!
Steve Selvidge's Best of 2006:
1. River City Tanlines - I'm Your Negative
Prolly my favorite variant of Alicja. Great live show as well.
Track - In My Mode Rollin'
2. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
I like-a the rock guitar. Fun to party with as well.
Track - Same Kooks
3. Sir Douglas Quintet - Mendocino
OK, so it's really like almost 40 years old, but it's new to me, and I really dig it, so there.
Track - And I't Didn't Even Bring me Down
4. Yo La Tengo - I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
I like the spacey stuff. Dig the production. Great album title too.
5. Secret Service - The Service Is Spectacular
I know, I know.
Track - Cold Sparkles

Interview With Secret Service
Steve and Me at his Christmas shindig last weekend.

Steve Selvidge's Best of 2006:
1. River City Tanlines - I'm Your Negative
Prolly my favorite variant of Alicja. Great live show as well.
Track - In My Mode Rollin'
2. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
I like-a the rock guitar. Fun to party with as well.
Track - Same Kooks
3. Sir Douglas Quintet - Mendocino
OK, so it's really like almost 40 years old, but it's new to me, and I really dig it, so there.
Track - And I't Didn't Even Bring me Down
4. Yo La Tengo - I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
I like the spacey stuff. Dig the production. Great album title too.
5. Secret Service - The Service Is Spectacular
I know, I know.
Track - Cold Sparkles
Interview With Secret Service
Steve and Me at his Christmas shindig last weekend.
Labels: Best of 2006, steve selvidge