Best of 2006 - Janet from Janet's Planet
So, if you haven't figured it out by now, way more people responded to my requests for lists that I expected. And even when I knew I had way to many to deal with, I stood stubborn about making time to find the songs to link with the posts. I have now given that dream up...
Best Songs of 2006 - Janet from Janet's Planet (WEVL)
My top 5 new releases for 2006 should be in everyone’s collection. In my opinion, every song on each of these CDs is incredible. Picking one song to single out was difficult, but I leaned towards the song that sparked me the most.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs:
Show Your Bones – “Gold Lion”
This 2006 release from the YYYs shows their progression into their unique sound. A magnificent sophomore release from this band, maybe not quite as raucous as Fever To Tell, but definitely more depth.
Editors:
The Back Room – “Camera”
Debut release from Birmingham, England boys, seemingly to be influenced by Joy Division and possibly Bauhaus, create a sound that is modern. You could say their sound resembles Interpol even a bit, but these guys do their own thing very well, dark themes with happy rhythms.
Goldfrapp:
Supernature – “Ooh La La”
This 3rd release from Goldfrapp continues with this band moving down the dance path in their music journey. Some of these songs can really create an erotic feeling while dancing or just simply listening. This song, in particular, creates a ‘sexy’ vibe. Check out the video to see for yourself.
I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness:
Fear Is On Our Side – “The Ghost”
How can you not be interested in listening to a band named, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness? Another debut on my top 5 list, this group hails from Austin, TX. At first listen, you’ll gather their sound is a bit dark, but the music created moves into magnificent soundscapes that keep you listening over and over.
Clearlake:
Amber – “Far Away”
This is definitely an underrated British group. To come up with the energy like they do on this release shows tremendous growth in the band’s sound and abilities. Clearlake is setting themselves apart from other Brit pop type bands. On this release, they’ve come out more rockin’ and not so ballad-esque. And the drum beats, very worthy!
Best Songs of 2006 - Janet from Janet's Planet (WEVL)
My top 5 new releases for 2006 should be in everyone’s collection. In my opinion, every song on each of these CDs is incredible. Picking one song to single out was difficult, but I leaned towards the song that sparked me the most.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs:
Show Your Bones – “Gold Lion”
This 2006 release from the YYYs shows their progression into their unique sound. A magnificent sophomore release from this band, maybe not quite as raucous as Fever To Tell, but definitely more depth.
Editors:
The Back Room – “Camera”
Debut release from Birmingham, England boys, seemingly to be influenced by Joy Division and possibly Bauhaus, create a sound that is modern. You could say their sound resembles Interpol even a bit, but these guys do their own thing very well, dark themes with happy rhythms.
Goldfrapp:
Supernature – “Ooh La La”
This 3rd release from Goldfrapp continues with this band moving down the dance path in their music journey. Some of these songs can really create an erotic feeling while dancing or just simply listening. This song, in particular, creates a ‘sexy’ vibe. Check out the video to see for yourself.
I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness:
Fear Is On Our Side – “The Ghost”
How can you not be interested in listening to a band named, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness? Another debut on my top 5 list, this group hails from Austin, TX. At first listen, you’ll gather their sound is a bit dark, but the music created moves into magnificent soundscapes that keep you listening over and over.
Clearlake:
Amber – “Far Away”
This is definitely an underrated British group. To come up with the energy like they do on this release shows tremendous growth in the band’s sound and abilities. Clearlake is setting themselves apart from other Brit pop type bands. On this release, they’ve come out more rockin’ and not so ballad-esque. And the drum beats, very worthy!
Labels: Best of 2006, Janet's Planet