Best of 2006 - Brad Stanfill from The Coach and Four
Last year Brad Stanfill of the Coach and Four hosted some of the best house parties I've ever been to in Memphis. Then just as it seemed like his band, the Coach and Four, gained a new surge in popularuty, mainly due to their rotaion on a satellite radio station, Brad divorced his wife, sold all of his worldly belongings and moved to a hut in Hawaii. He was quite the master DJ, too bad he sold all of his records. Anyway, many of us, fans and friends alike, followed his adventures on his Myspace blog. Sometime over the summer, the Coach and Four managed to record a new album, and Brad returned to civilization to go on tour, much of which was chronicled by Chris from Arma Secreta.
Anyway, here's what the future holds for Stanfill and company and his "best of" 2006 picks...
Makeshift is taking on its biggest endevour to date by sending the Coach and Four and Snowglobe to Europe in February, so I'm pretty stoked. As for the time in between, I guess I'm trying to maintain the Hawaiian lifestyle of being completely and totally unattached to any given moment. For the moment, I'm going up to New York to kick it with a friend of mine for the better part of December. As for the music reviews, I've been somewhat apathetic about the whole thing so I will now commit a maximum of 5 words per record.
Band of Horses: Everything all the time - exactly half of amazing
The Funeral - MP3
Mastodon: Blood Mountain - not quite leviathan
Comets on Fire: Avatar - more ben chasney please
Dogwood Rust - MP3
Ratatat: Classics - I cant help myself
Seventeen Years - MP3
Breakestra: Stand Up e.p. - the soul cup is overflowing
Listen

http://scenestars.net/2006/05/what-really-happened-coach-and-four.php
Anyway, here's what the future holds for Stanfill and company and his "best of" 2006 picks...
Makeshift is taking on its biggest endevour to date by sending the Coach and Four and Snowglobe to Europe in February, so I'm pretty stoked. As for the time in between, I guess I'm trying to maintain the Hawaiian lifestyle of being completely and totally unattached to any given moment. For the moment, I'm going up to New York to kick it with a friend of mine for the better part of December. As for the music reviews, I've been somewhat apathetic about the whole thing so I will now commit a maximum of 5 words per record.
Band of Horses: Everything all the time - exactly half of amazing
The Funeral - MP3
Mastodon: Blood Mountain - not quite leviathan
Comets on Fire: Avatar - more ben chasney please
Dogwood Rust - MP3
Ratatat: Classics - I cant help myself
Seventeen Years - MP3
Breakestra: Stand Up e.p. - the soul cup is overflowing
Listen
http://scenestars.net/2006/05/what-really-happened-coach-and-four.php
Labels: Best of 2006, Brad Stanfill, The Coach and Four