Catfish Haven Meet Lucero - Plus New Video
It's true. I've been slacking. I'd tell you what I've been doing but other than going on tour with Giant Bear, it's all a little fuzzy. Instead of boring you with why I haven't written anything in two weeks, how about I just snort a cigarette line of meth and get to work on posting? Ok, here we go.
Let's kick things off with the Catfish Haven and Magnolia Electric Company show I saw at the end of last month. After meeting the guys in Catfish at Lollapalooza and writing about them in the local newspaper, I covered the show for Spin.com. this seems to have made me worthy for the boys to ask me if they could crash at my place after the show. Unfortunately, after an incident with a band from Austin, I don't do that anymore. Luckily for them, I was able to introduce them to another local band that I thought would be happy to host the guys.
After great sets from both bands, we all hung around and closed the bar before heading back to Lucero's loft to drink until the Lucero had to pack up and leave for their 6 week tour to support their new album Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers - which just happened to be at 6AM the next morning. Ben and I had the pleasure of teaching Miguel the Memphis rule of never passing out with your shoes on. Actually, I was the instigator and did quite a job on Miguel's face, but then I felt terrible and got a paper towel and washed his face clean. That didn't sit right with Ben so he retraced my work.
Anyway, it was a fun night in rock and roll excess and Miguel emailed me and told me he forgave me so I think we're all good.






More Pics Here
Now watch their new video!
Tell Me

http://scenestars.net/2006/09/catfish-haven-interview-plus-mp3s.php
Let's kick things off with the Catfish Haven and Magnolia Electric Company show I saw at the end of last month. After meeting the guys in Catfish at Lollapalooza and writing about them in the local newspaper, I covered the show for Spin.com. this seems to have made me worthy for the boys to ask me if they could crash at my place after the show. Unfortunately, after an incident with a band from Austin, I don't do that anymore. Luckily for them, I was able to introduce them to another local band that I thought would be happy to host the guys.
After great sets from both bands, we all hung around and closed the bar before heading back to Lucero's loft to drink until the Lucero had to pack up and leave for their 6 week tour to support their new album Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers - which just happened to be at 6AM the next morning. Ben and I had the pleasure of teaching Miguel the Memphis rule of never passing out with your shoes on. Actually, I was the instigator and did quite a job on Miguel's face, but then I felt terrible and got a paper towel and washed his face clean. That didn't sit right with Ben so he retraced my work.
Anyway, it was a fun night in rock and roll excess and Miguel emailed me and told me he forgave me so I think we're all good.
More Pics Here
Now watch their new video!
Tell Me
http://scenestars.net/2006/09/catfish-haven-interview-plus-mp3s.php
Labels: Catfish Haven, Lucero, Magnolia Electric Company, Video