What Made Milwaukee Famous @ ACL 09/16/06
So, during Aimee Mann I had a discussion with one of the security people about how hard it was to get to the AT&T stage since we had to go around a sea of blankets and chairs to enter from the front of the stage rather than the backstage area. Surprisingly enough, when I returned to the press area, said security dude was making an announcment that they were going to let us enter from the other side for The Raconteurs. I was feeling pretty cool as I made my way down to that stage and sat down to wait for the show. I was musing to myself that Gnarls and Raconteurs were going to be my only two overlaps from Lollapalooza. Then 5 minutes before the band started I remembered that my plan was actually to skip Raconteurs since I was going to the ACL taping Sunday night and to check out WMMF instead. Have you ever had to run a half-mile through 50,000 people. Not fun...
Hometown heros WMMF played to an enthusiastic crowd and seemed to be in great spirits as they played one of my favorite songs from their new and old album, "Sweet Lady." They've been compared to everyone from Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Fugazi, the Beatles, and even the Cars. A little something for everyone. It was kind of cool before they started how the drummer made his way around to each member of the band and shook their hand...I assume the this show was a pretty big moment for them...




More Pics

Barsuk has two MP3's and a live video for Hellodrama
Hometown heros WMMF played to an enthusiastic crowd and seemed to be in great spirits as they played one of my favorite songs from their new and old album, "Sweet Lady." They've been compared to everyone from Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Fugazi, the Beatles, and even the Cars. A little something for everyone. It was kind of cool before they started how the drummer made his way around to each member of the band and shook their hand...I assume the this show was a pretty big moment for them...
More Pics
Barsuk has two MP3's and a live video for Hellodrama
Labels: Austin City Limits Music Festival 2006, What Made Milwaukee Famous