Welcome To Austin!
Yesterday morning when I woke up at 5Am in order to get ready for my trip to Austin for ACL I almost broke down in tears. But ehn I poulled myself together, did laundry, got an oil changes, got new tags for my car, tracked down some money owed to me, and was on the road by one to make the 10 hour trek by myself. The first 8 hours went really well, i had a couple of books on tape and time flew. I spent the trip listening to Chuck Klosterman and coveting some new Triple Dippers Meal from Chili's. I hardly ever eat out, but that commercial had me craving chain delights. I ended up stopping in Texarkana only to be disappointed with my choice for a meal.
Anyway, everything seemed to be going well until I made it about 20 miles ouside of the city when my front tire decided to explode and I went reeling off to the side of the highway. That's when I did finally break down and let the tears flow. The past week has been so stressful, I just nbeeded 5 minutes to let it all out. Then I got out of my car and changed my tire while 18 wheelers flew by me blowing my skirt up over my head.
About an hour later I made it into the city and met up with my friends Palli and Joe at a bar. All I wanted was a beer and ended up introduced to Sam Rockwell. Yes, the Sam Rockwell. Welcome to ACL, ya'll, where rockstars and movie stars collide. Right now I'm listening to Ted Leo. I just saw him last Tuesday night. He said he would play Angel's Share for me today. Haven't heard it yet. I guess I need to go heckle him. Let the liveblogging begin.
Anyway, everything seemed to be going well until I made it about 20 miles ouside of the city when my front tire decided to explode and I went reeling off to the side of the highway. That's when I did finally break down and let the tears flow. The past week has been so stressful, I just nbeeded 5 minutes to let it all out. Then I got out of my car and changed my tire while 18 wheelers flew by me blowing my skirt up over my head.
About an hour later I made it into the city and met up with my friends Palli and Joe at a bar. All I wanted was a beer and ended up introduced to Sam Rockwell. Yes, the Sam Rockwell. Welcome to ACL, ya'll, where rockstars and movie stars collide. Right now I'm listening to Ted Leo. I just saw him last Tuesday night. He said he would play Angel's Share for me today. Haven't heard it yet. I guess I need to go heckle him. Let the liveblogging begin.