Cat Power @ ACL Day 2 2006
Anyone who knows the story of Cat Power in 2006 knows the Memphis connection. I know several folks in The Memphis Rhythm band which made Chan's performance (pronounced 'Shawn' dontchaknow?) one of my most anticipated performances. Rick Steff waved to me when I entered the photo pit which was embaressing and totally awesome all at the same time.
Chan's performance was playful and animated. Kicking off the set with "The Greatest," when the song was over she immediately gave the crowd a pained look like she wasn't happy with the way she sang the song, but it sounded pretty good to all of us!






More Pics
Guess who else was digging Cat Power? Lance Armstrong, Jake Gyllenhal, Sam Rockwell, Joe Prestee, and Jeff Powell, who were all standing on the stage as she performed. After the show a huge group of us went over to have dinner in the artists area, and after making it through 3 sets of security, I still got kicked out. That was a bummer.

Oh well, I can't complain. I did score a spot on the list for the Cat Power show tomorrow night @ Stubb's. That's right after I go to the Raconteurs and Sufjan Stevens ACL tapings.
Next up todaY? BEN KWELLER...Stay tuned.

The Smudge of Ashen Fluff has a ton of live Cat Power tracks!
Chan's performance was playful and animated. Kicking off the set with "The Greatest," when the song was over she immediately gave the crowd a pained look like she wasn't happy with the way she sang the song, but it sounded pretty good to all of us!
More Pics
Guess who else was digging Cat Power? Lance Armstrong, Jake Gyllenhal, Sam Rockwell, Joe Prestee, and Jeff Powell, who were all standing on the stage as she performed. After the show a huge group of us went over to have dinner in the artists area, and after making it through 3 sets of security, I still got kicked out. That was a bummer.
Oh well, I can't complain. I did score a spot on the list for the Cat Power show tomorrow night @ Stubb's. That's right after I go to the Raconteurs and Sufjan Stevens ACL tapings.
Next up todaY? BEN KWELLER...Stay tuned.
The Smudge of Ashen Fluff has a ton of live Cat Power tracks!