And On A Sidenote: John Mayer @ ACL
Back in July I got totally shredded on a local music forum when I mentioned that I thought John Mayer was a really great blues guitar player and that he was much more multi-faceted than the general public gave him credit for. I was invited to one of his shows in 2004 and although I went in with a lot of hesitation, I left being genuinely impressed. And while no one on this said "music aficianado" message board was open minded enough to even hear me out, when none insulting my musical intelligence had ever even seen him live, I stood my ground and lost an abundence of cool points...
Today I am excited to direct you to Amrit's post on John Mayer's ACL Performace. I was wiped and decided to skip it, but from Amrit's description, it seems that it turned out exactly how I expected and a few more people have gotten a chance to expand their idea of what JM is all about. I haven;t heard his record, and I am not saying that I'm even gonna run out and check it out, but as always, I just beleive props should be given when they are due.


Today I am excited to direct you to Amrit's post on John Mayer's ACL Performace. I was wiped and decided to skip it, but from Amrit's description, it seems that it turned out exactly how I expected and a few more people have gotten a chance to expand their idea of what JM is all about. I haven;t heard his record, and I am not saying that I'm even gonna run out and check it out, but as always, I just beleive props should be given when they are due.
Labels: John Mayer