Aimee Mann @ ACL 2006
Aimee Mann was definitely one of my highlights of Saturday. There's just something about seeing a musician and knowing the words to every song that makes the experience that much richer. Aimee seemed genuinely surprised by the number of people that showed up to watch her play. She thanked the crowd for stopping to listen as they wandered by on their way to the next stage, but with the number of people singing along to every song, I highly doubt their presence was an accident.
The thing I love most about Mann is how she gets away with being terribly jaded without sounding whiny or bitchy. It's something that I definitely strive for. She basically has the same schtick as Alanis Morrisette, with none of the backlash.
On a sidenote, would it be terribly tacky for me to suggest that she eat a sandwich? She's looking a little thin...




More Photos

http://scenestars.net/2005/03/aimee-mann-thats-how-i-knew-this-story.php
Dreams of Horses has three Aimee Mann MP3's you can download...
The thing I love most about Mann is how she gets away with being terribly jaded without sounding whiny or bitchy. It's something that I definitely strive for. She basically has the same schtick as Alanis Morrisette, with none of the backlash.
On a sidenote, would it be terribly tacky for me to suggest that she eat a sandwich? She's looking a little thin...
More Photos
http://scenestars.net/2005/03/aimee-mann-thats-how-i-knew-this-story.php
Dreams of Horses has three Aimee Mann MP3's you can download...